Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Short Blog

I felt like the day today went very well. I went through the whole day with no real issues at all. I taught everything except for one mini lesson in the morning, and I feel like I am prepared for teaching the next two weeks in full. I planned out my lessons for next week and I am excited for a lot of them, especially some of the writing lessons. Towards the end of the day, one student in the class kept coming up to me during math to talk about something unrelated. I explained to him that he needed to save his story for after the lesson but I can’t talk to him during a lesson. After the lesson was over and they were packing up I went over to him to tell him he could talk to me now, and he got very upset and started to cry, saying no one ever listens to him. I explained to him again that I will listen to him, but I can’t do that while I’m teaching, and he needs to not get up and start talking in the middle of a lesson. My CT said I did the right thing and that he needs to learn that he can’t do that. We are going to try to think of some strategies to help boost his confidence a little though, because he has started to do things like this often over the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment