Monday, March 14, 2011

Principal Observation

Today was pretty crazy. The kids are wired for some reason. We also have a weird schedule because of PSSAs. We had lunch really early – 11:00. The morning went by quickly because we had morning meeting and only 2 rounds of Daily 5 before it was time for recess and then lunch. After lunch, we did our last round of Daily 5 before we moved on to writing.

The principal came in to observe my writing lesson. It wasn’t bad, but I wish it had gone a little more smoothly. The class was a little bit chatty but they were all pretty much on task and working well. I needed to focus more on writing conventions and somehow having the ability to get them to do free writing some more. The principal told me he thought it went well and he’ll look forward to reading my reflection, which is on a form I need to fill out and send to him. I’m interested to hear what he has to say, though I’m nervous about it too. It is nice to be done with observations at least.

After the writing lesson, we had pit, so that was nice to get a little breather after the observation. And right after pit, we had snack and music and recess, so we had another pretty nice break before math and dismissal. The weird schedule made the day seem to go really quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment